Jerusalem mix – fast (and healthy) food
This yummy recipe was developed in the city of Jerusalem by some delicious fast food restaurant. Yes, even “the fast food” can be delicious in Israel! Jerusalem mix is healthy and easy to make. You can serve it with israeli salad, hummus and pita bread. Enjoy!
- 1/2 kg of chicken breasts (cut into the cubes)
- 1/2 kg of chicken hearts (cut into the halfs)
- 200 g of chicken roasts (cut into the halfs)
- 2 big white onions (slices)
- olive oil, salt, black pepper, coriander seeds, cumin
Steps: Fry the slices of the onion on olive oil. Take it out and put it to the side. Fry meat on the olive oil. Start with the chicken breasts, than hearts and on the end add roasts. Now add all the spices, but no salt 😉 . After the meat is done add onion and mix it together. Add a salt before serving.
This fresh juicy salad is perfect with Jerusalem mix. In Israel they serve it with everything, hopefully besides sweets, that’s why they call it “Israeli salad”. Preparation is very easy 🙂 .
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 big cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 4 scallions
- 3 table spoons of parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- 2-3 table spoons of olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Steps: Cut all ingredients into to cubes. Parsley has to be cut into small pieces. Add salt, black pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix it all and cool it before serving.